UARK Federal Credit Union was founded in 1965 by the University of Arkansas Physical Plant. Since that time we have expanded to serve various medical, municipal, non-profit and industrial employer groups. Members’ immediate family members are also eligible.
UARK Federal Credit Union aspires to be the lifetime financial partner of our members.
Collectively, UARK Federal Credit Union has established a set of core values which, as an organization we will adhere to, concerning all aspects of credit union business. Our core values are as follows:
- People helping people, building trust and confidence by providing an exceptional member experience.
- Treat all members equally with respect, sincerity and warmth.
- Responsive to members; anticipating and accommodating their financial needs.
- Provide ongoing professional development, to build knowledgeable, confident, caring employees.
- Continuous refinement and enhancement of our products and services.
- Member elected, volunteer Board of Directors providing accountability and strategic direction.
Because credit unions, like UARK, are not-for-profit financial cooperatives, a small deposit gives you a share in ownership. As a member, you democratically control the operation of your financial institution by participating in the election of a Board of Directors.
Membership affiliation with UARK not only gives you ownership but also gives you a share in the earnings. Earnings come to you in the form of dividends and low-cost financial services.
UARK offers a wide variety of loans at very competitive rates. Some of our low-cost or no-cost convenience services include checking, home banking, payroll deduction, credit and check cards, online loans, and much, much more. The more you use our services, the more you benefit!
In addition, you’ll have the security of knowing that your funds are insured to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the United States government. Savings or checking accounts in different forms of ownership may each be separately insured; ask us for a copy of “Your Insured Funds” if you have questions.
2017 Holiday Closings
New Year’s Day – January 2nd
Martin Luther King, Jr Day – January 16th
President’s Day – February 20th
Memorial Day – May 29th
Independence Day – July 4th
Labor Day – September 4th
Thanksgiving Day – November 23rd
Christmas Day – December 25th